Explore new dimensions of highly efficient cleaning
Dry Ice Blasting is a form of abrasive blasting, where dry ice, the solid form of carbon dioxide, is accelerated in a pressurized air stream and directed at a surface in order to clean it.
Cleaning with dry ice blasting equipment is not just highly efficient but also totally ecological, without any chemicals and secondary waste and achieves remarkable cleaning results.
Dry ice blasting/cleaning
Dry ice cleaning is a cleaning process without the remains of cleaning media, no water and there is no possibility of developing microorganisms. This type of cleaning technology is very similar to sandblasting, where a medium is accelerated with a pressurized air stream to impact a surface to be cleaned.
In many cases Dry Ice Blasting is superior to Sandblasting because is soft and does not pit or damage the underlying surface, sublimes quickly into the air what means there is no secondary residue, does not erode or wear away the targeted surface, tolerances are preserved and most equipment and machinery can be cleaned while in place, no transport needed. Dry Ice Blasting evaporates completely as a gas it leaves no wastes, only the removed material must be disposed. Dry Ice Blasting works like every particle blasting process - sand - soda - bead - or steam blasting. In addition to the pressure of the blasting material, dry ice's frigid temperature of -78.5°C "exploding" against the material to be removed. The method is similar to other forms of abrasive blasting such as sandblasting, plastic bead blasting, or sodablasting but substitutes dry ice as the blasting medium. Dry Ice Blasting is applicable:
- Removal of Adhesives – low temperature is weakening the adhesive bond.
- Best method for cleaning tool Die's used in Manufacturing.
- Fire remediation. Dry Ice is extremely effective in removing toxic residues, soot, and associated smells after a fire.
- Food, Farmacy and Hospital Use - cleaning of the surface of products and instruments is not toxic and will stop the growth of mold, mildew and other fungi, also stopping odors at the source by elimination of the bacterial host environment.
- Mold Removal - proved highly successful with mold removal.
- Electrical motor windings can be best cleaned in place by dry ice blast cleaning.
- Cleaning Heat Recovery Steam Generators - Dry ice blast cleaning not only accelerates the cleaning process, but is superior to all other methods
- Printing Presses – perfect to keep certain parts and components continually free of foreign material for efficient operation and maintaining presses at their highest value.
- Cleaning Live Electrical Energized Switchgear -This is a process that can be safely used on energized apparatus, avoiding costly switching procedures and associated customer power outages.
- Injection Mold Cleaning - The powerful but gentle cleaning technology is highly recommended for efficient cleaning of molds without damaging or altering them
Why Dry Ice Blasting?
- Clean numerous objects with differing, complex geometries at once
- Soft enough not to pit or damage the underlying surface
- Clean some equipment without disassembly and without producing fire or electrical hazards
- Decontaminate surfaces of Salmonella enteritidis, E. coli, and Listeria monocytogenes
- Alternative to many types of solvent-based cleaning
- Not leaving any residue
- Clean and environmentally friendly
Advantages of dry ice cleaning:
- Dry ice transforms into harmless natural gas carbon dioxide
- No water - no possibility of developing microorganisms
- No dust or sand deposits
- No chemicals
- Without damaging the surface
- Environmentally friendly
- Removes different coatings
The only result of cleaning with dry ice is cleaned work piece and dry removed material.
Time-saving and cost-efficient!
The unit is composed of pelletizer, which quick and efficiently produces dry ice pellets of different density during cleaning procedure, so you do not have to fill the unit during cleaning. Recycling unit for re-use of dry ice is quick, efficient (50%) and lowers the cost of ice purchase by half.
Cleans and removes:
- Remnants from the cutting
- Corrosion layers
- Printing inks
- PU foam
What type of dry ice blasting/cleaning equipment does FerroECOBlast offer?
We offer a procedure and equipment for cleaning of very sensitive and delicate surfaces with Snow blasting technology and more effective Dry ice blasting/cleaning technology, including equipment for making of dry ice (Pelletizer) and units for CO2 recycling (Recovery Unit).
Snow blasting is similar to Dry ice blasting/cleaning, except during snow blasting, liquid CO2 is converted into very small solid CO2 snow particles which have a temperature of -78.5 °C.
With snow blasting, CO2 snow particles are proportionally added to the compressed air flow, which accelerates them through a special nozzle.
Snow blasting is mainly used for:
- precision cleaning (delicate materials, electronic components)
- pre-treatment before painting, coating and bonding processes,deburring, cooling and striping of different coatings.
What type of Snow blasting equipment does FerroECOBlast offer?